· Graduated in Medicine from Montpellier Medical School in 1980, Master of Science doctorate in Nutrition from the University of Sciences, Montpellier in 1986.
· Professor of Nephrology at Montpellier University School of Medicine, France 1990.
· Head of the nephrology, dialysis, and intensive care department in 1998.
· Serves on the editorial boards of many journals including Néphrologie & Thérapeutique, Journal of Nephrology, Blood Purification, American Journal of Kidney Diseases, among others.
· Member of European Dialysis and Transplant Association (EDTA), the American Society of Nephrology (ASN), the International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and the French Society of Nephrology.
· Past president of the Société Francophone de Dialyse (SFD) and president of the Association pour Installation à Domicile des Epurations Rénales (AIDER).
· More than 250 referenced manuscripts, written more than 50 books’ chapters, and has given more than 500 presentations.