· Prof. Charles Swanepoel is an Emeritus Associate Professor in the Division of Nephrology.
· He continues with research and teaching at UCT.
· He serves as a subject Editor for Nephrology, as well as being a member of the Editorial Board of Kidney Diseases and has published in various nephrology journals including, Kidney International, NDT, American Journal of Kidney Diseases, Nephrology and Nature Reviews Nephrology.
· He has contributed significantly to the development of guidelines for the management of patients with CKD and AKI in South Africa.
· Currently, he is President of the African Association of Nephrology (AFRAN) and is the Medical Director for Fresenius Medical Care in Southern Africa.