· Prof Nicola Wearne is a Consultant Nephrologist at Groote Schuur Hospital.
· She is the head of the Peritoneal dialysis and HIV renal clinic in the division.
· She has clinical and research interest in both HIV associated renal disease and peritoneal dialysis.
· She has published in both peer review journals and book chapters in these areas as well as in the area of dialysis allocation.
· She currently actively practices in all areas of nephrology
· She is very involved in the education of medical students where she is the 4th year overall convenor and plays an active role in the teaching of both physicians in the Department of Medicine as well as nephrology teaching within the Division of Nephrology.
· She is an active member on the executive committees of AFRAN and the South African Renal Society